A growing manufacturing company is currently seeking assistants for a temporary sourcing specialist in the supply chain department.Qualifications and Required Skills
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Supply Chain or equivalent.
* 2+ years in purchasing working with suppliers and negotiating pricing
* Bachelor's Degree preferably in Supply Chain or Business
* 2+ years in Excel with intermediate skills
* Background in purchasing, engineering or sourcing
* Should be familiar with a fast-paced manufacturing environment
* Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Liaison between the suppliers and engineers
- Schedule meetings between engineering and potential suppliers to discuss cost reduction initiatives
- Ensure NDA's are in place with all suppliers we are engaging
- Ensure suppliers used in the project are within the commodity strategies
- Send RFQ packages to suppliers and negotiate cost
- Analyze and communicate any supply risk and associated costs to the project team
- Manage MOQs and lead times (for both samples and production)
- Ensure project stays within budget - maintaining cost analysis
- Track and report risk of supply
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.