The Zen Kitchen Supervisor will aid the Zen Kitchen restaurant Manager in day-to-day tasks, facilitate training, complete evaluations and schedules of the Zen Kitchen staff, implement new Zen Kitchen menus and ensure exceptional guest service per the standards set forth by the brand throughout their shift.
The Zen Kitchen Supervisor reports directly to the All Day Dining Operations Manager
What will I be doing?
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and support for Zen Kitchen manager, hostess, server assistants, servers and bartender.
• Trains, evaluates and schedules Zen Kitchen staff
• Performs administrative duties such as, but not limited to, scheduling, payroll and inventory
• Inspects Zen Kitchen service areas, floors, and back stations.
• Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements
• Enforces established guidelines and policies of the hotel and carries out disciplinary action(s), as necessary
• Implements new menus and promotions such as holiday and special event promotions
• Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Department
• Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations
• Performs a variety of other duties as assigned by the Director of Food and Beverage or Restaurant manager
• Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as requested when working in public areas
• Provide daily pre-shift, informing staff of any important updates for the hotel and setup the day successfully for the team
• Maintain an active trace system for guest history on their F&B preferences
• Audit checks when necessary
• Assist within F&B outlets as needed by management
• Have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience of restaurant experience within a luxury hotel operation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills within the English language
• Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays
• Be a self-motivator and motivator of others
• Be able to work together with other colleagues
• Have a pleasant, friendly and helpful manner
• Maintain a clean and healthy personal hygiene and grooming
• Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
• Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management
• Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!