Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
- Windows System Engineer with a background administering enterprise-level Windows domains and servers
- Knowledge of a Windows Domain and Servers, including Forest, Trees, trusts, AD FSMO roles, etc.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Deploy servers in lab environment and test new systems for reliability before pushing to production
- Ability to assess the infrastructure in place and create System Configuration drawings in Visio including back-up topology drawings and server redundancy drawings
- Create and document procedures as needed
- Perform back-ups, software installations, and monitoring of system health
- Troubleshoot Windows servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, escalating more advanced issues to the senior engineers and vendor
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Server management
- 3+ years of experience with Active Directory in a large enterprise
- 3+ years of experience supporting VMware environments (ESXi,, vCenter, SRM)
- 3+ years of experience administering Windows domains using Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP / IP, Performance Monitoring Systems, Windows Deployment, Automation and Scripting
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise SAN storage (HPE Nimble Storage preferred)
- Experience with Enterprise Backup Tools (Veeam Backup and Replication preferred)
- Ability to work in an on-call rotation to resolve high priority incidents after regular business hours- On-call rotation work is compensated above normal salary
- Las Vegas office based position
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with information security
- Experience with Automation (such as Ansible)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Windows Server management. Active Directory, VMware, ESXi,vCenter, SRM, DNS, DHCP, ansible, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada