Fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal products and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Converts blueprints into shop drawings to be followed in the construction or assembly of sheet metal products.
- Lay outs, measures, and marks dimensions and reference lines on material.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as press brakes, shears, iron workers, saws, punch presses, turret presses, and rivet machines.
- Inspects individual parts, assemblies, or installations, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, scales, or micrometers.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience.
- Completes a variety of atypical assignments; works within defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments.
- Works with a limited degree of supervision and may act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work of less experienced employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
No education required.
HS diploma or GED preferred.
1 to 2 years of experience required.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Completes assignments on or ahead of schedule and accomplishes assigned work in an organized, timely manner.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Calls attention to potential and actual hazardous conditions.
- Can be depended upon to be available for work and to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Teaches, mentors, and coaches new or less-skilled employees.
- Keeps abreast of relevant and current developments, new technologies, business philosophies, industry standards, laws, etc.
For a complete list of competencies, please see the performance management system.