Under the supervision of an Investment Advisor(s), supports Wealth Advisory Services integrated delivery of products and services consistent with the financial goals of clients and Investment Committee recommendations.
- Serve as support associate to assigned Investment Advisor(s).
- Support the Investment Advisor(s) in preparing for client meetings.
- Prepare, for review by the Investment Advisor(s), portfolio recommendation letters for advisory and co-trustee accounts along with investment performance reviews.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of various bank resources to facilitate client service delivery and expand client relationships.
- Participate in internal meetings, pre- and post-call planning as a support resource to partners in the latter stage of the sales process to include: Private Client Advisors, Relationship Managers, and other partners in the sales process.
- Obtain professional designations such as CFA, CFP, CIMA, and CAIA. Pursuit of degree programs, continuing education, and training.
- Develop an understanding of changes in the industry such as Federal and state specific regulations.
- Maintain positive working relationships. Under the direction of an Investment Advisor, provide the necessary support and information to clients, Relationship Managers, and Trust Officers related to investment products.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the Wilmington Trust Investment Process, asset allocation, and manager selection process along with fixed income outlook, equity selection, and approved list of managers.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators, as applicable.
- Complete other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1 year's investment related experience, including internships, or in lieu of degree, a combined minimum of 4 years' higher education and/or work experience.
- Understanding of stocks and bonds.
- Desire to pursue a career as an Investment Advisor.
- Proficient personal computer skills with solid knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Strong mathematical skills, ability to apply concepts of algebra and statistics.
- Ability to use software programs and a financial calculator.
- Strong critical thinking skills along with the ability to synthesize data to determine correct policy and strategy and implement such strategy in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to build strong level of trust with clients, empathy and real interest in working with people; self-confident and a proven ability to work well with highly capable and successful individuals.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance.
Job Posting: Oct 23, 2018, 11:47:33 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing