Underwriting manages and analyzes risk for the UPS Capital insurance portfolio across its responsibilities related to new business, renewals, policy modifications and account surveillance. Underwriting is responsible for providing customized solutions to its customers while protecting the assets of the organization and helping the organization achieve its profitability goals.
This internship provides an opportunity to directly support key 2021 initiatives for UPS Capital Underwriting through analyzing and updating current algorithm pricing, surveillance automation and pricing matrixes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supports data mining, manipulation and cleansing for statistical support of projects
- Uses Excel with formula functions, pivot tables, charts and similar types of functions
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates strong technical skills related to data management and analytics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience using Excel (formula functions, pivot tables, charts, etc.)
- Active college student working towards Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Finance or Economics
- Available to work 40 hours per week
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law