UPS Capital is the financial services branch of the company, established to meet the financial needs of businesses while accelerating money and goods through their supply chains. By combining financial services with all other UPS capabilities, UPS Capital creates a key link in the UPS global commerce synchronization strategy.
The UPS Capital Applications Developer performs duties and tasks to support full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She responds to application system problems and makes necessary corrections to resolve system’s defect. This position is responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and supporting a suite of insurance and financial applications. He/She collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication and to support the achievement of objectives.
The Applications Developer conducts systems and requirements analyses to identify project action items. He/She performs assigned functions and tasks to meet project plan and quality review requirements. This position analyzes specifications and user requirements to perform assigned applications development work. He/She analyzes, designs, codes, tests, and documents low to moderately complex programs to develop application software. This position assists with software builds to meet application needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participates in development sprints by performing assigned tasks and duties
- Escalates integration issues to resolve system discrepancies
- Executes procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity
- Performs applications maintenance and supports functions with problem resolution
- Documents maintenance and supports activities to ensure quality control
- Contributes to task lists and cost and time estimates to support project plan development
- Performs testing and fixes of small components to ensure compliance with functional requirements
- Conducts tests to diagnose and record failures and report results
- Records and updates defect logs to monitor system reliability
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge: Familiar with primary information sources relevant to assigned area; utilizes computer-based analytical and information management tools in order to perform routine analysis; documents approach and findings; reviews results with others as appropriate
- Applies Information Systems Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the basic need for technical support in a business; demonstrates awareness of the primary uses of technology by business representatives, demonstrates a basic understanding of the systems of the enterprise
- IT - Problem Management: Monitors actions to investigate and resolve incidents and problems in systems and services
- IT - Processes, Methods, and Tools: Demonstrates knowledge of the various types of system tools and utilities available on the market; demonstrates understanding of the role of system tools, utilities, and related processes in optimizing systems and applications development, accessibility, administration, and management
- Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work
- Intermediate knowledge in at least one of the following: SQL (SQL Server, Oracle), .Net, Java or Angular
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law