Engineer-Transport - II
18 Months +
- The Wireline Core Equipment Engineering organization provides detailed network solutions leveraging state of the art global transport network consisting of Ultra-Long Haul (ULH), SONET, OTN Mesh, and Metro Access. In this role, you will be designing, engineering, and deploying optical transport solutions to augment the Metro Access component of this global network. You will be part of a fast-paced environment focused on both immediate delivery to customers and the long term evolution of the network.
- Collaborating with planning, provisioning, standards, and sales teams as well as equipment vendors on network and customer solutions.
- Partnering with field operations and other implementation organizations to obtain information such as space, power, and fiber availability required to complete project engineering.
- Creating install specifications (ISPECS) and applicable diagrams and drawings required for installation, turn-up, inventory, and configuration of Metro transport equipment deployed into the network.
- Developing project Bill of Material (BOM) and placing orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements.
- Defining cable requirements, creating cable running lists, and ordering all cables.
- Ensuring all engineering documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensuring work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Responsible for managing deployment of projects to achieve targeted and measured business goals and key objectives.
- Identify, monitor, report and escalate project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Utilize project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project jeopardies and overall project completions.
- Maintain excellent communication with Project Sponsor, Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues and timely reporting of status.
- Associate degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Direct working knowledge of Tellabs 7100, Nortel 5200, Fuji 9500, Fuji 4500, Fuji 4100 and/or ROADM technology.
- Experience performing detailed engineering and creating technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of both Outside Plant and Inside Plant facilities and characteristics.
- Experience installing telecommunications equipment.
- Experience using CAD based software tools.
- Knowledge or familiarity with the following systems: vBuild, FIM, ICON, TCOMS, COFFEE, CCP, SRM/nSAP.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, partner across organizations, and proactively address issues in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent Excel, Word and other MS application skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to be highly motivated, customer focused with organizational and leadership skills to push projects to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team as well as individually.