The Trade Operations Supervisor leads and directs the daily tasks of trade operations staff. May work on special projects. Prepare reporting for trading desk. May handle calls to/from customer, supplier and logistics providers and may act as a back up to traders and merchandisers. Tasks typically include inputting transactions into system, troubleshooting concerns on various transactions and shipments, working with customers, and monitoring accounts receivable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain a positive and effective relationship with the business managers to create a strong business partnership.
- Fully understand all aspects of invoicing and trade assistant functions and the corresponding systems.
- Perform all trade assistant duties for specified markets or businesses.
- Provide excellent customer service by fostering positive relationships and strong follow-up with customer issues, both internal and external.
- Create and maintain a team environment for all supported businesses.
- Provide various information, as needed, to the business managers, and corresponding management team, to effectively analyze the results of business operations.
- Proactively investigate productivity opportunities and follow through to resolution, communicating successes to business managers, management and peers.
- Work proactively to ensure all policies are followed.
- Learn and effectively utilize all applicable operational systems.
Other Job Functions:
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of related work experience required
- Experience in agricultural commodity industry, including knowledge of terms and standards required.
- Basic understanding of financial trading required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to work proficiently with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time
- Position requires operation of a computer and other standard office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator, computer printer and phone up to 90% of the time
- Frequently communicates with employees in the office and at remote locations