The Trade Ops Analyst - International Logistics is responsible for drafting, preparing and tracking documentation for all aspects of container transactions across various business groups and regions. Individuals have extensive knowledge of intermodal services, general pricing and term structures necessary for efficient, proactive execution. Works with sales, accounting, and other operations staff to ensure that all correspondences satisfy applicable legal, regulatory, investment, operating, and fiduciary requirements. The position is based in the Gavilon Fertilizer headquarters in Savannah, GA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for day to day logistics coordination and execution of international containers.
- Responsible for learning and participating with billing when exporting.
- Responsible for timely and accurate rate quotations and working with freight suppliers.
- Research and resolve any issues identified as a result of the Transportation month-end process.
- Maintain relationships with customers, brokers, freight forwarders on shipment for import/export business.
- Assist merchandisers/traders with contractual concerns to coordinate shipments of various commodities.
- Extensive customer service responsibilities including problem resolution while building positive internal and external relationships.
- Participate with Freight Analysis Review and reconciliation.
- Ensure consistent compliance with internal controls, corporate accounting standards, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and participate in special projects on an as-needed basis
- Communicate with co-workers, management and company personnel in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
Other Job Functions:
- Work with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, and minimize costs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, International Trade, Accounting, or other related field required.
- Minimum 5 year’s of related work experience.
- Must be able to work proficiently with Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous work experience with SAP will be considered a plus.
- Spanish as a second language will be considered a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must display an attention to detail at all times while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidential information.
- Individual must demonstrate a positive, proactive attitude and the ability to multi-task in a team environment.
- Indoor work environment.
- On-call to trouble-shoot shipments after-hours and on the weekend.
- This position does not require travel.
- Office hours M-F, 8am-5pm.