The Benefits & Compensation Specialist provides support to the benefits and compensation areas by handling
the day to day administration of Apple Bank’s various total rewards functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day-to-day operational support for all total rewards functions.
- Process vendor invoices, including the reconciliation of bills with accounting, payroll, and enrollments, etc.
- Manage wage continuation process including communication with payroll and employees to ensurecalculations and payouts are correct.
- Coordinate HSA application process and create new accounts. Reconcile employer contribution file.
- Perform administrative tasks related to health & welfare plans by monitoring benefits plan enrollments, annual open enrollment, and qualified life changes. Communicates with employee regarding all
- Track and verify all dependent documentation related to health and welfare elections.
- Process status changes in ADP related to employee compensation, leaves of absence, promotions, job title changes, department transfers, etc.
- Assist Compensation Analyst with year-end compensation process by auditing data integrity, generating increase/promotion letters, and corresponding with business unit leaders when required.
- Generate reports in ADP for both benefits and compensation purposes.
- Assist with completion of annual compensation surveys.
- Monitor benefits and compensation mailboxes and address immediate concerns in a timely manner; escalate complex issues when necessary.
- Liaise with benefit vendors and insurance brokers to troubleshoot issues.
- Support Benefits Manager with annual open enrollment process and compliance related activities.
- Assist with audit requests.
- Perform other duties as requested.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources or a related field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a benefits capacity. Compensation experience a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel including formulas, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and possess strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills; proven customer service skills.
- General knowledge applicable federal/state laws and regulations related to labor laws and benefits administration.
- Previous ADP experience preferred.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine in order to work at Apple Bank. Candidates are responsible for showing proof of these vaccinations during their onboarding period. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled applicants and employees with medical documentation establishing they should not be vaccinated and for those with sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent vaccination. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.