If you are located in the state of Virginia, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
As a Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as provide social assessments and member education.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm
If you are located within the state of Virginia, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
We offer 8 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Complete New Member process (Welcome Call, Demographic Research, Medical Screenings, and scheduling Health Risk Assessments for members)
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to access their healthcare benefits
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Partner with care team when needed (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- Will seek out members that have had minimal contact with the organization and try to re-establish relationships
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Knowledge of culture and values in the community
- Familiarity with the resources available within the community
- Basic Microsoft Excel experience (ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence and spreadsheets)
- Must reside in the state of Virginia
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aide or Medical Assistant
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Community Health Worker (CHW) accredited
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of VA Medicaid population
- Experience in productivity - driven positions
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Case management, Community Health Worker, medical, customer service, healthcare, UHG, Optum, community, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo