You’re about to take the next big step. We’re about to create the next incredible solution. If you want to accelerate your learning in a technology environment that’s always pushing the envelope, you’ve come to the right place. The technology group at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group’s thriving family of businesses, is a team of 12,000 people who are passionate about making a difference by using technology to help improve the lives of millions and make health care work better for all.
You’ll be embedded within one or more of our technology functions engaging in some of our most critical work in a variety of domains including software engineering, cybersecurity, and platform engineering. You might also have an opportunity to leverage automation, machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, or other modern technologies to transform and improve health care with a focus on simplification, enablement, enhancement, and modernization. Plus you’ll be exposed to challenging projects, a robust development curriculum, and collaboration with and mentoring from experienced technology professionals and leaders.
As exciting as it may be, this kind of opportunity also presents unique challenges. You’ll need to keep up with constantly evolving technology. You’ll need to embrace our commitment to an agile and collaborative culture that drives our solutions, and you’ll need to work in a disciplined approach to technology and processes that helps us protect the health care data of millions of individuals.
Key Information Regarding this Program:
- This full-time position will be available starting in September 2021
- Coursework to obtain degree must be completed prior to start of employment.
- Degree must be awarded and verified within 6-8 weeks following the commencement data at your school.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for potential future roles.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other technology related fields, or a specialized certificate in a technology related field.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a Bachelor’s/Associate Degree from an accredited University
- Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
- Frameworks: Angular, NodeJs, Spring, Swagger
- Cloud and Deployment Technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Helm, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure
- Data Technologies: Kafka, Big Data, Spark, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Minimum 2.1 Honours Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or a Technology-related field (Other Degrees are considered when accompanied by an aptitude or interest in technology)
Join our elite team of technology professionals who are deeply engaged in determining how we can change and improve health care. Apply today. Find out how Optum’s Technology Development Program can lead to your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: Early Careers, Entry Level, Information Technology, Technology Development, Technology Development Program Associate, Dublin, Letterkenney, Ireland