Internships at Optum. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is a leading health services and innovation company dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 94,000 people collaborating worldwide, Optum combines people, technology, data and action to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care. Our internship opportunities provide a view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. Here, you’ll work with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Technology Development Program (TDP) is a year-long program that offers the option of 2 six-month rotations, after which you will select a final position. TDP consists of roles in a variety of domains including software engineering, product engineering, platform engineering, enterprise architecture, data, and cybersecurity. As a TDP Associate, you’ll partner with teams within one of our technology functions engaging in life-changing work. You’ll be leveraging modern technologies to transform and improve health care with a focus on simplification, enablement, enhancement, and modernization. In addition to challenging work, TDP also offers a robust development curriculum, networking and collaboration opportunities, as well as mentoring from experienced technology professionals and leaders.
Key Information Regarding this Program:
- The majority of the positions are available beginning in June with additional opportunity to join at other times during the year. Coursework to obtain degree must be completed prior to start of employment. Degree and/or Certificate must be awarded and verified within 6-8 weeks following the commencement date at your school/program
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, other Engineering degree, IT, MIS, other technology related fields, or a specialized certificate in a technology related field
- Currently in final year of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Masters degree from an accredited college / university or tech certification, or obtained degree/certification within the last 24 months
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require visa sponsorship, TN visa holders, current H-1B visa holders, and/or those requiring green card sponsorship will not be considered
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Proficient in one or more coding languages (Example: Python, Java, C, SQL, .NET)
- Minimum 2.75 GPA (where applicable) or successful completion of specialized technical program
- Involvement in any additional technical activities (Robotics, Comp. Science/Tech clubs, Tech or Engineering side projects, GitHub, etc.) and/or tech related employment experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Early Careers, Entry Level, Information Technology, Technology Development, Technology Development Program Associate, Rotational Program, Developer, Programming, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnetonka