The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Technical Services Scientist supports the formulation and manufacturing process for our solid dose products. The Scientist will collaborate with multiple teams to help improve current products, address manufacturing issues, evaluate new technologies and/or ingredients, seek cost savings and maintain networks of external partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formulate nutritional supplement products in various forms in support of manufacturing
- Assists with creating and approving new raw material specifications, master batch records, change controls, deviations or other required documentation in support of manufacturing existing in-line products
- Assists in scale up, validating and transferring technologies/processes to other internal manufacturing sites, or externally
- Defines and implements solutions for routine tasks, balancing achievement of milestones with high quality standards
- Provides technical support to manufacturing including but not limited to formulation or process improvement, formulation globalization, cost savings initiatives, and trouble shooting
- Interacts with multi functional teams (including Quality, Procurement, Product Development and Manufacturing) and the Technical Design Council to resolve issues as may arise in the course of new product development or existing product improvement
- Negotiates timeline commitments among other team members such that agreed objectives and timings for completion of activities are achieved
- Rapidly communicates major changes to project plans to manager/director
- Sets and refines individual priorities as necessary to remain focused on objectives and project milestones under rapidly changing circumstances
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures
- Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Science and Technology community
- Builds awareness of developments outside of the company through attendance/presentations at trade associations or scientific meetings
- Maintains external collaborations with suppliers, academia and other professional bodies
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data
- Ensures that all internal and external work activities are conducted to appropriated standards, in accordance with Company policies, laws, quality standards, SOPs , etc.