Looking for a new and challenging position? Join Welbilt, the leader in foodservice innovation. We have opportunities to join our teams of assemblers, machinists, and welders who are skilled at their craft, take pride in their work, and thrive on building excellence. Apply today to be part of Welbilt's Parsons facility*.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As CNC - Team Lead, Under general supervision, direct, coach, and mentor employees in assigned area to perform jobs in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to insure quality, safety, and productivity standards are met to satisfy customer requirements while performing manufacturing duties in assigned area as needed.
Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, this position is based in Parsons, Tennessee*.
- Coach and train team members
- Manage team members to ensure productivity, safety and efficiency levels
- Resolve issues through root cause
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Coach, train, counsel, and evaluate performance of team members against company production, safety, quality, and management standards
- Manage team members to ensure productivity, safety, and efficiency levels are obtained and communicate status of objectives to team
- Inspect product to insure conformance to quality, engineering standards, and customer requirements
- Resolve issues through root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Perform duties of assigned area including but not limited to Machine Operator
- Complete and maintain all associated electronic processes paperwork (including but not limited to checklists, stamping, blueprints, bar coding and including shipping material)
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards
- Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Manitowoc Code of Conduct requirements
- Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management
- High School Diploma required
- 3-5 years Machine Operator experience required
- Complete understanding of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within a manufacturing environment
- Complete understanding of job flow principles and impacts of events in delaying downstream processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills within the English language
- Basic computer knowledge
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing, 5S, safety, and quality standards
- Ability to think analytically, possess mechanical aptitude, and perform root cause analysis
- Basic understanding of carrying out human resource duties
- Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of work day
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs alone and over 50 lbs with assistance
- Ability to climb and balance
- Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel
- Work in temperatures above 95 degrees
*For over 40 years, Kolpak in Parsons, Tennessee has manufactured dependable, energy-efficient walk-in coolers, freezers, and refrigeration units for the foodservice industry under leading brand name Kolpak. The facility in Parsons is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.