Assistant Treasurer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – Manhattan, New York
The AT, Talent Acquisition Specialist manages full cycle recruitment, including sourcing candidates, placing job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting background checks and extending employment offers. The incumbent will identify, and attract candidates using a variety of sourcing technologies and strategies, including Linked In.
The AT, Talent Acquisition Specialist manages full cycle recruitment, including sourcing candidates, placing job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting background checks and extending employment offers. The incumbent will identify, and attract candidates using a variety of sourcing technologies and strategies.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage recruitment process for assigned departments and branches by collaborating with hiring managers to discuss staffing needs, prepare/post recruitment advertisements, screen resumes, schedule interviews and extend and negotiate formal offers.
- Interview selected applicants and gather pertinent data including but not limited to education, experience, training, job skills and salary requirements; ensure candidates are treated equally and in compliance with applicable laws (EEO & ADA) and other federal compliance requirements.
- Establish and maintain trusting relationships with candidates and key stakeholders across the organization.
- Understand and translate hiring managers’ needs to deliver qualified and diverse candidate pools.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Utilize innovative sourcing techniques by leveraging technology and digital campaigns to identify talent and build extensive networks for current and future consideration.
- Use data and talent market insights to influence decision makers.
- Monitor background verification process after the offer has been extended.
- Assist with development of Bank employment policies and procedures; work with Talent Acquisition Team Lead to maintain and update policy guides including the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure quality delivery of HR services through meaningful metrics, reports, dashboards, and continuous process improvement; track and analyze staffing and turnover data and other information necessary to provide insight for informed talent decisions.
- Support a variety of HR initiatives including recruitment, workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, and employee retention.
- Ensure compliance with various federal and state employment laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
- Professional certification in Human Resources (PHR or SHRM-CP) preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Talent Acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute recruitment plans in a high volume/fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Prior experience using an ATS a must (Taleo preferred); experience utilizing ADP Workforce Now or other HRIS system a plus.
- Expertise with using Linkedin Recruiter, preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse client base, while establishing trust and credibility with employees at all levels.
- Prior experience managing highly confidential information with discretion.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.