We are seking a Dedicated Contract Carriage Supervisor II to manage time sensitive routes for dedicated customers ensuring our drivers deliver the loads safely and timely. He/She generates reports and analyzes dedicated contract carriage (DCC) load weight, miles driven and back haul (i.e., return trip) revenue to maximize equipment usage. This position manages profit and loss statements, accruals, billing, payroll and adjustments to meet financial goals and objectives. He/She oversees customer terminal distribution center operations and manages service issues (i.e., late deliveries, damages, proof of delivery, lost freight, rate issues and special requirements). This position negotiates and manages outside carrier contracts and rates and conducts safety initiatives and audits. He/She leads and develops drivers to maximize operational efficiency and ensure safety, service and quality. This position minimizes losses, claims and litigation to protect UPS assets and performs safety training and accident preparedness to ensure adherence to safety procedures and policies. He/She oversees supervisors within the department.
The TL Supervisor II monitors business activities against short and long-term goals and makes adjustments (e.g., additional staffing, customer load adjustments, etc.) to ensure business objectives are achieved, as well as ensures the development of dispatch plans and proper allocation of resources (i.e., drivers and equipment) to minimize cost, maximize performance and meet service commitments. He/She upgrades and purchases new materials and trailers to replace and repair materials and reduce service failures. This position monitors account performance and the month-end close, reviews vendor costs and negotiates vendor rates to ensure monthly profitability goals are met. He/She communicates customer business needs to employees to ensure job responsibilities and customer impacts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Resolves customer issues (e.g., late deliveries and departures, etc.) and ensures communication of issue resolution status with customers to build trust and develop long-term business
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance
- Monitors and updates employee training records and driver certifications to ensure safety regulations (i.e., Department of Transportation [DOT] and Occupational Health and Safety Administration [OSHA]) compliance
- Negotiates LTL, TL, and Intermodal rates with outside carriers and evaluates and selects carriers, methods of transport and routes to provide cost-effective transportation and maintain high levels of service
- Monitors the equipment maintenance program to ensure equipment is maintained, DOT compliance is met and accidents/injuries are minimized
- Processes vendor invoices, purchasing card transactions and expense reports to ensure expenses meet UPS guidelines and to verify vendors are paid within established deadlines
- Conducts customer reviews and fulfills customer commitments to demonstrate an understanding of customer needs and to define the value proposition
Knowledge and Skills
- Health and Safety Knowledge: Demonstrates a working knowledge of injury, crash prevention and job methods; identifies root causes of injuries/auto crashes and recommends appropriate prevention activities; identifies and corrects unsafe work practices and conditions
- Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of the functions, regulations and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety
- Vendor/Supplier Management: Demonstrates a broad understanding of TFI and vendor business needs and goals; reviews and recommends appropriate vendors based on business needs to internal stakeholders; provides input into the creation of vendor contracts or agreements and communicates expectations to vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) - Preferred
- Possesses 5 years of experience in Transportation & Logistics - Preferred
- Knowledge of Safety and DOT regulations - Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
- Experience supervising others - Preferred
This position is being offered by TFI International Inc. or its affiliates, which is not affiliated with United Parcel Service, Inc. or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or related entities (“UPS”).
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law