SNI Technology is please to represent our client in their search for a talented Systems Engineer in Tampa, FL!
Please note: This is a 6 month contract to hire opportunity!
- Build and maintain automation systems to assist in managing and supporting our infrastructure
- Automate redundant jobs and improve efficiencies (i.e. Server builds, configuration management, etc.)
- Setup and manage infrastructure performance monitoring
- Perform and assist in performing of the configuration, staging, installation and ongoing support of client server environments;
- Establish and document best-practice procedures in areas of expertise;
- Technically assist any other departments or divisions of the company as needed;
- Participate in developing new applications or enhancements of existing products and services;
- Follow proper quality assurance procedures regarding releasing anything into production;
- Participate in strategic and tactical weekly meetings as necessary;
Experience in the following technologies:
- Experience creating automation processes for IT environments(i.e. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Containerization (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Ability to write software/scripts (i.e. ASP.Net, PowerShell, Pearl, Java, etc.)
High Level Requirements:
- 5+ years of Information Technology (IT) experience supporting very large Enterprise Class Servers
- In depth understanding of Operating Systems
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and problem solving (including TCP/IP) skills in high pressure environments
Working Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems - all versions;
- AWS or Azure experience
- SQL, SQL Best Practices and Query Language
- DNS, Hosts files and server routes
- Systems Security
- Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Direct Attached Storage Device (DASD)
- Backup and Recovery techniques.
- Server hardware builds in a data center environment.