SNI Technology's client located in Greenwood Village, CO is seeking to hire a Systems Engineer for an exciting contract to hire opportunity!
As a Systems Engineer, you'll take control of your part of a clinical enterprise system comprised of hundreds of servers, interfaces with countless laboratory instruments, vast amounts of sensitive medical data, and the communication nexus for the entire enterprise. Wow! - You'll quickly realize that you're a vital part of patients' health care, ensuring the delivery of laboratory results to a huge population of patients suffering end-stage kidney disease or undergoing DNA testing to diagnose cancers and other genetic disorders.
We turn diagnostic samples into life-sustaining and life-saving diagnostic results for the patients served by our clients. Systems Engineers play a vital role in delivering these results. As part of the Information Services department, you'll be in charge of the systems, and infrastructure that form the bedrock of our immensely powerful and high-volume laboratory information system.
Prepare to be challenged - in a good way. We keep our focus on network optimization, new systems deployments, and cost containment. There's a lot of variety in this role, so prepare for ongoing learning. Completing your projects and assignments means you'll get the chance to:
- Lead the planning, design and oversight of enterprise solutions.
- Work with a talented engineering team to define, implement, and support servers and systems used in both the office and laboratory environments.
- Optimize right-sizing efforts and architectural changes aimed at reducing costs and eliminating waste.
- Help keep our systems secure and prevent network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation.
- Perform top-tier support tasks that require your special skills.
- Work on implementation and administration of corporate and laboratory servers including application, web, and database.
- Implement and administer Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and group policy.
- Contribute to developing longer-term IT projects covering a wide array of topics, from procedures, networking, telecommunications, system architecture, virtualization - and everything in between.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products to include Windows operating systems, IIS, SSL certificates, and SharePoint as well as provisioning, file system management, performance tuning, and security.
- Advance experience with Active Directory administration, including group policies, FSMO roles, Remote Desktop Server, MS CAL licensing, MS Certificate Authority.
- Strong understanding of enterprise networking.
- Experience with infrastructure/data center operations required (server maintenance-break/fix).
- Advanced understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, DHCP, NTP, HTTP/S, SFTP), wireless, failover, load-balancing, and security.
- Seasoned experience in administration of enterprise storage.
- Skills especially valued include any or all of the following: Cloud-based technologies, Microsoft Office 365, Cisco networking, Palo Alto networking, VOIP telephony, SAN (storage area network) environments, VMware or other virtualization environments, and Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals using abundant autonomy, latitude, and creativity.