Support Services Specialist
GTS Support Engineers are members of the GTS Support Services team within Global Technology Services (GTS).
The primary responsibility of this role is to:
o Provide hardware and software end user support.
Working within the Support Service team to provide a hardware and software support service with the local office. This will entail: managing escalated user queries from the Service Desk; assisting users with hardware and software problems; and implementing, maintaining and managing the desktop computers, laptops, printers and other hardware.
O Active contribution to Support Services.
A support specialist is expected to make an active contribution within the support services function. This will entail a personal commitment to learning and growth, sharing of information with others, developing expertise in a number of areas, contribution of KB articles submitted, representing Support Services within a project teams.
Our GTS Team
Technology plays a key role in enabling our lawyers is practicing law around the world.
Our team comprises of three functions: Business Services - who maintain, develop and support our enterprise systems, Operations - who design, build and support our communications and data centre operations, and Support Services - who provide desktop, meeting and training support in the Firm's offices. Together we support our lawyers with leading edge technology and systems to deliver elite legal and best-in-class client service.
Globally-minded and diverse, our team covers a range of technical disciplines and business skill sets. This encompasses from business analysts, data architects, application developers and engineering staff covering range of technologies that include virtualisation, cloud, networking, storage, collaboration services and security. We deploy the latest technology and hardware within our state of the art offices. Our technical support staff support and train our people on the latest hardware and operating systems, remote working capability and mobile devices. Our Shared Services centres provide Service Desk and Operation Centres that providing support and monitoring of Firm systems 24 x 7.
Working closely with our business services colleagues in support of the Firm's Finance, HR, Marketing and KM Information Technology systems Drawing, Global Technology Services is at the heart of the Firm's global operations.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide second-level/floor support based on escalated incidents from the Service Desk.
- Deliver a high standard of customer service.
- Take ownership of problems and be proactive in dealing with support issues.
- Keep end users fully informed of the progress of their support incident at all times.
- Monitor the call queue within the Service Desk system to ensure calls are resolved in an efficient manner and according to business need \ priority\Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure that all work is logged and tracked through the Service Desk system .
- Configure, support and maintain PCs and other IT equipment as required.
- Manage and maintain equipment inventory records via serial number, user and location to include: PC/Laptops, smart devices (iPhones), telephones, monitors, printers and other peripherals.
- Maintain accurate record of all loaner devices to include: PC/laptop, smart devices, , printers and peripherals including coordination and timely return of all leased equipment.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of all aspects of user account management in relation to the employee life cycle including: AD accounts, smart devices (iPhones), SecurID, McAfee account etc.
- Computer assignment and office setups are completed before start date.
- Assist in the preparation of user account moves to another office.
- Setup and maintain RSA SecurID accounts and distribute tokens.
- Assist the Audio Visual team with the coordination and setup of all conference room booking requests that require Computer/Audio/Visual technology support.
- Undertake and assist with IT equipment moves in support of internal office moves and changes as may be required.
Active Contribution to Support Services
A support specialist is expected to make an active contribution within the support services function.
- Will be actively working towards becoming a subject matter expert in a number of areas.
- May participate and will seek to make an active contribution to a GTS virtual team assignment.
- Act as the Support Services member within GTS project team.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, tip sheets and other documentation as needed to provide efficient communication and ensure these are reflected in the Service Desk Knowledge Base.
- Contribute to the Problem Management function to devise technical solutions and work-around to known errors.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to learning and growth, sharing of information with others
- Maintain an attitude and behavior in keeping with our GTS Guiding Principles.
- Utilisation of the Service Desk ticketing system for incident assignment, resolution, and management is mandatory.
- Record time worked on projects within WorkFront.
- Actively participate on global/regional/office project and/or virtual teams as request by management.
- Maintain a high level of professional and technical knowledge.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Overtime may be required and should be expected to meet deadlines. Advance notice will be given whenever possible. Approval for all overtime must be obtained, in advance when possible, from your line-manager.
- Remain flexible with shift hours and lunchtime based upon the needs of the group.
- Uphold firm, departmental and team rules and procedures.
- Contribute to team effort through communication, cooperation and coordination with other team members.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required with the mandatory utilisation of the firm's attendance system (where in use).
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by IT management.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- Team player who is ambitious and motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and patience working with others.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent communications skills, customer service skills, problem-solving/trouble-shooting, follow-up skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation abilities.
- Capable of grasping new concepts without prior experience.
- College degree or relative work experience.
- Ability to lift or move equipment, if needed.
- ITIL Foundation certification or practical experience of ITIL is desirable
- MOUS or similar technical certification is desirable.
- Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
o Hands-on experience in desk side troubleshooting
o Application support experience of: word processing applications (MS Word), document management systems (Interwoven), email applications (MS Outlook), distributed time entry programs (DTE), spreadsheet and presentation applications (MS Excel/MS Powerpoint), and remote communications applications/security (Citrix/Secure ID).
o Exposure and/or experience with database applications.
o Administrative knowledge and experience of Microsoft back-office products, Understanding of Networking Directory Services, Microsoft ADS, LDAP, TCP/IP DHCP, DNS, WINS.
Location and Reporting
- This is role based in Washington D.C.