The overall purpose of this position is the responsibility for all physical receiving of supplies products, including offloading, breakdown, labeling and check-in, as well as the scanning and put-away of the product into its proper location. Accountable for safety and cleanliness in the material handling and receiving areas.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 5am-1pm. Thursday Friday: 6am-2pm. Additional days/hours or adjustment to daily start time may change due to holiday or additional workload.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Product Receiving
- Inspect trailer and match product packing slip to ensure it is the correct PO.
- Off load product into staging area. If floor load, check off product as pallet is built.
- Count pieces and record running tallies on packing slip or PO.
- Current Apprise process tracks purchasing UOM (which is each), receiver must keep in mind the UOM as the receipt process is completed.
Product Break Down
- Breakdown must be done by individual SKU (product ID)
- UOM must be confirmed prior to building pallet.
- Proper tie/hi must be maintained when building pallet.
- Packing slip and manifest are often associated with the product, as well as the exception report must also accompany the final receiving paperwork.
- Certain vendors and conditions might arise when an Excel document is used to help count multiple PO’s.
- Forward invoices to Central Desk where entries will be completed and paperwork submitted to Accounts Payable.
Receiving Trouble Shooting
- Work with Buyers or Central Desk to assist with discrepancy corrections, such as when product doesn’t match specifications, etc.
- Product specifications (color and characteristics) and UOM are critical items to monitor.
- Monitor date codes for sensitive products, making sure the item has a shelf life beyond what already exists in stock.
- Ensure product ID and UOM is on the label and matches the Purchase Order before scanning the product and putting it away into its proper location, or “reserve” location if needed.
- Make notation on Purchase Order of location where product is now located.
Safety & Housekeeping
- Proper equipment handling and space management is critical.
- Keep workspace clutter-free, allowing for free access to and from the warehouse.
- Work with vendors and drivers to make sure there is adequate access to loading docks and space to unload their trailers.
- Observe delivery drivers to make sure all safety and security guidelines are followed.