Are you a demonstrated team leader and effective communicator, with a results-driven approach? If so, then you could be our next 2nd Shift Production Supervisor at Welbilt's Manitowoc Ice* facility.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers’ Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As 2nd Shift Production Supervisor this person will provide supervision of plant production (Bargaining Unit Union) employees to meet all manufacturing metrics of Safety, Quality, Efficiency/Productivity, Cost and Delivery. They will coordinate manufacturing operations, processes, and work teams in assigned areas of responsibility. In addition, they will provide leadership for shop floor employees and ensure a safe workplace environment to produce quality product on time and within cost targets. And finally, this person will be responsible for maintaining and appraising job results; coaching, developing employees; addressing employee performance as appropriate.
Reporting directly to the Director Operations and Projects; this position is located in Manitowoc, WI at our Manitowoc Ice* facility.
- Manage assigned personnel, processes, and materials in production operations to build quality product safely to demand.
- Responsible for achieving performance metrics for productivity, safety, and quality in manufacturing area assigned.
- Lead the implementation of safety initiatives; develop and maintain safe work environment; identify and implement solutions to safety issues; and lead the department safety team in assigned operations area.
- Responsible for the quality of product produced in the manufacturing area assigned; assist Manufacturing Engineers in the development of quality controls and tools to ensure product and process quality.
- Responsible for managing operating budgets for assigned cost centers.
- Determines resource requirements to meet demand for area of responsibility
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned personnel, processes, and materials in production operations to build quality product safely to demand
- Participates in NPI process; establishes manpower requirements for prototype, pilot, and production runs; assists in process development in area of responsibility
- Identify and provide proper training and tools to production workers to insure product consistency
- Facilitates continuous improvement process with shop floor employees in area such as quality improvements, productivity, and safety
- Drive achievement Key Performance metrics (KPIs) for safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost in manufacturing area assigned
- Monitors employee's daily production and time records
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree with at least two years of previous experience in supervision of production operations or will consider a high school diploma with a minimum of five years’ experience in production supervision.
- A minimum of two years of previous manufacturing/production experience at a Supervisory level is required. .
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication, copper tube bending, soldering, and plating processes a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting/Problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Microsoft with emphasis in Excel required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude; motivated self-starter.
- Multiple task management ability.
- Constant exposure to manufacturing operations; may require long periods of standing and/or sitting.
*Known as America’s #1 Selling Ice Machine, Manitowoc Ice designs and manufactures a complete range of cube, flake, and nugget ice machines, ice storage bins, and ice dispensers with 200+ models in ice-making capacities from 65 to 3,000 pounds per day. Products can be found in hospitals, schools, hotels, restaurants, and convention centers all over the world. The facility in Manitowoc, WI is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world’s top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.