Job Title Structural Design Engineering
Location Savannah, GA 31407
Duration 12 Months
- The Structural Design group is responsible for providing an optimum design solution satisfying requirements for maximum inherent safety, performance in terms of weight and durability, and minimum cost of production and ownership.
- The group is involved with the current fleet and new product development.
- This job is for placement in the Core team working on the Special Missions aircraft.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Thorough understanding of structures design criteria including design loads and durability (fatigue and corrosion)
- Solid understanding of design and manufacturing processes involved for both metallic and composite parts with a focus on design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA)
- Solid understanding of 3D Model Based Definition (3D MBD), and the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) for details and assemblies
- Minimum 10,000 hours or 5 years’ experience on CATIA v5 in primary Structural Design Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Proficiency in CATIA v5 workbenches: part design (machined parts), sheet metal, FiberSIM, Composite Part Design (CPD), FT&A, Generative Drafting (2D Drawings), Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) tools including use of parameters, design tables, and Visual Basic macros.
- Proficiency in CATIA v4 - Proficiency in SmarTeam PLM database.
- Experience with green aircraft structural modification.
- Prior work experience with aircraft design.
- Experience with knowledge management processes Competencies essential for the job:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment and across disciplines
- Ability to communicate technical findings and recommendations clearly
- Passion for Structural Design work Responsibilities include:
- Develop structural definition of the aircraft by producing the form, fit, and function documentation from conceptual layouts to final detail design
- Engage various engineering, manufacturing, and product support teams to complete designs
- Participate in design reviews
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior engineers