The Staff Accountant will be a member of the General Ledger Accounting team, who will assist in accounting for multiple locations for a publicly traded company. Position will be located in the Carrollwood area. The Staff Accountant will have interaction with multiple locations across the U.S., so strong communication skills are a must.
We value a strong work ethic and character. At Welbilt, we work hard to ensure that each of our employees has access to a supportive working environment which enables individuals to reach their potential, to be productive and to work to the best of their ability.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
Reporting to the GL Accounting Manager, this position is based in Tampa, FL.
• Reconcile cash daily and prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multiple accounts;
• Record payroll and expense transactions to the general ledger for multiple locations;
• Process intercompany allocation charges;
• Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations;
• Assist with internal controls;
• Prepare and post journal entries for multiple locations;
• Assist with internal and external audit requests;
• Perform ad-hoc special projects, as needed.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as a complete list of responsibilities and duties that may be required of individuals in this classification.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• A minimum of 2 years of accounting experience
• Must have a solid understanding of US GAAP
• Function in a high-volume, deadline driven environment
• Excellent MS Excel proficiency to include VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables
• Exposure to large ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
• Experience in multi-location/manufacturing environment a plus
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
• Must have solid communication and problem-solving skills.
•Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, or medical condition. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge and abilities, and the feasibility of any necessary job accommodation(s).