Responsible for preparing, maintaining, analyzing, and reporting on financial information, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, debtor and creditor lists, repayment schedules, regulatory reports and filings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Reconcile accounts, post journal entries, and maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules so that the organization has a full and accurate statement of its financial position.
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- May provide technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction; works under general supervision.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree required.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2 to 4 years of experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Recognizes causes and consequences of actions and events that are not readily apparent.
Manages the allocation of resources in relation to business needs.
Considers problems from all new perspectives and can expand on the thinking or solutions proposed by others.
Keeps stakeholders up-to-date on the progress of the service they are receiving and changes that affect them.
Provides suggestions and/or takes actions that result in improved work processes, communications, or task performance.
Some travel may be required.