We value a strong work ethic and character. At Welbilt, we work hard to ensure that each of our employees has access to a supportive working environment which enables individuals to reach their potential, to be productive and to work to the best of their ability.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
The Fixed Asset/Lease Staff Accountant will be a member of the General Ledger Accounting team, who will assist in accounting for property, plant, equipment and lease transactions across multiple locations for a publicly traded company. Position will be located in the Carrollwood area. The Fixed Asset/Lease Staff Accountant will interact with multiple locations across the U.S. and internationally, so strong communication skills are a must.Reporting to the GL Accounting Manager, this position is based in Tampa, FL.
• Maintenance and accounting for fixed assets across multiple locations, including balance sheet reconciliations;
• Processing world-wide lease accounting transactions, including balance sheet reconciliations;
• Track and report capital spending by project;
• Record depreciation expense;
• Record lease amortization expense;
• Prepare recurring and non-recurring general ledger journal, lease and fixed asset entries;
• Assist with other month-end close duties such as accruals, including balance sheet reconciliations;
• Assist with internal controls and monthly internal reporting;
• Support external and internal audits;
• Complete special projects, as assigned.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as a complete list of responsibilities and duties that may be required of individuals in this classification.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
• At least 2 years of accounting experience required
• Must have a solid understanding of US GAAP
• Must understand and have knowledge of new lease accounting guidelines
• Function in a high-volume, deadline driven environment
• Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
• Must have solid communication and problem-solving
• Excellent MS Excel proficiency to include VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables
• Exposure to large ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
• Experience with FAS fixed asset module and/or AMT lease application, a plus.
•Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, or medical condition. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge and abilities, and the feasibility of any necessary job accommodation(s).