Software Engineering Manager - Platform Software
We are looking for a passionate leader who has great technical acumen and strong people leadership to help evolve the Careerbuilder infrastructure to the next level. The manager will have great opportunities to experience large scale distributed systems and make critical impact to Careerbuilder solutions. The managed teams are globally distributed and responsible for key infrastructure components such as user identity service and API Gateway serving the access of 100M+ users and 300M+ daily API traffic.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- You will lead a globally distributed team to design, develop, test and operationally support our API Routing and Authorization micro services.
- Responsible for the full software development cycle and system design to ensure high availability on IaaS infrastructure.
- Experience in AWS, .NET Core, Identity Server or Ruby will be strongly desired.
- Proactively work with internal customers, product teams and leaderships to build transparency, create alignment, and fulfill growing business needs.
- You must have passion to work with globally distributed teams, foster cross country collaboration and grow the next generation of engineering talents.
- You must have a passion for delivering results and learning how new technologies and processes can deliver better software to our customers.
- You must be obsessed with fast iterative development, quality, testing, automation, and uptime.
- You must have a passion for developing great software.
- You will benefit from being curious and enjoying digging into interesting, weird problems.
- 5+ years of experience in large scale enterprise solution support.
- Experience building, deploying, and operating distributed services at scale
- Demonstrated technical leadership and ability to communicate across a complex engineering environment
- Experience in OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and AWS would be strongly desired.
- Experience in .NET Core, Ruby or GoLang would be preferred.
- Strong on system design with capability of adapting existing solutions, debugging issues, and providing guidance on critical technical decisions
- Systematic problem solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership
- Have deep understanding of computer science concepts, including algorithms, data structures, and software design patterns, network tuning and monitoring.