We have the need for a Contractor for a six-month period, beginning in October 2019. This is a full-time, contract role. If there is a business need, it may become a permanent position at the end of the six month contract. TheSoftware Engineer will develop interactive document forms and tools for theassurance practice, perform testing, and ensure quality is upheld. Thisposition will develop and maintain a critical product for auditors, and workcollaboratively with the IT department.
The Software Engineer requires a broad knowledge of the principles, practices,and procedures of software development, including designing, debugging, unittesting, and constructing best practices. The role is in skill-organized teamenvironment with moderate supervision. The role requires a self-motivatedperson who can develop forms by planning and executing design, and who wants tocombine the art of design with the art of programming.
Responsibilities will include translation of design wireframes fromstakeholders to actual forms and functionality. In addition, the candidate willbe expected to make decisions on analysis, design, and implementation, in orderto effectively deliver high quality products. The role requires continuous growthof technical, business, and people skills, as well as producing documentationthat complies with development standards.
- Construction and unit testing of forms.
- Plans form design by clarifying goals and designing functionality.
- Collaborates with form designers, subject matter experts, product owners, and stakeholders.
- Analysis of requirements, implementation and change requests into forms and tools for the assurance practice.
- Uses available technologies to create reusable, extendable, and maintainable systems and components.
- Participation in User Acceptance Testing, as a software engineer.
- Communication with project team members including assisting QA with testing, assist tech lead and project management with estimation, planning, and project status, and assistance with identifying project issues and risks.
- Review, validation, and interpretation of business and non-functional requirements.
- Interaction with business analysts and business contacts.
- Suggests and implement methodologies and best practices as needed.
- Recommends programming projects based on observed gaps and needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent work history/experience or working towards achieving a degree.
- Front-end and user facing design experience.
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Moderate MS Excel skills.
- Self-sufficient with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail, code and UI cleanliness, and quality.
- Enjoy working in a small deadline-driven team.
- 2+ years professional experience in software development.
- Experience with CaseWare software or other template design software.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- MS Excel VBA programming experience.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, network and directory service.
- Ability to foster a team environment where all members are encouraged to be part of the solution and leadership.
- Experience with automated testing.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.