Software Engineer (DevOps Engineer)
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Software Engineer for an opportunity in Columbus, OH!
Position Title: Software Engineer (DevOps Engineers)
Region: Columbus, OH
Duration: 6 Months Contract to hire
* Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Contributes to product area, or software to automate manual operational work
* Proficient in at least two or more software languages (e.g., Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery.
* Able to work on multiple large projects that have business impact and is self-initiated. Should be able to provide supporting data or communicate business value of the projects
* Defines and drives adoption of a best-in-class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting with proper telemetry
* Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns.
* Lead and participate in performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
* Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
* Self manages the effort split between operational work and engineering work
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or any engineering field with 5 years of experience or master's degree with computer or any engineering field with 3 years of experience
* Ability to automate tasks and follow software deployment methodologies
* Supports a culture of continuous improvement within the teams
* Proficient in following middleware Infrastructure technology (3 years plus)
o Tomcat Application Server
o Apache Web Server
o IBM WebSphere Application Sever
o IBM HTTP Web Server
o Federation services /LDAP /SAML Integration
o Load balancer design and operations
o SSL, TLS, proxy pass setup's
o Messaging systems such as MQ
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to, and including, both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 154033 when responding to this ad.