Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Analyze, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and continuously improve software
- Translate product concepts into project commitments (features, user stories, etc.) that deliver incremental value to our customers frequently and with high quality
- Create high-quality software by conducting peer design/code reviews and developing automated test cases
- Ensure that all delivered solutions adhere to industry best-practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, availability, extensibility, security, and portability
- Work closely with product owner and other stakeholders to aid solution development
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests, driving continuous integration/validation, and supporting the creation and design of performance, load, and user acceptance tests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience including requirement analysis and problem solving (stepwise refinement, lean, etc.), communication with business partners, unit testing
- 1+ years of experience of back-end coding in a relational database such as SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience working with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools and cloud services such as Jenkins, XebiaLabs and other CI tools
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of Java coding experience
- Experience in microservices based architecture and familiarity with microservices using Spring Boot framework
- Healthcare industry experience and knowledge of EDI exchange formats
- Experience in business systems analysis and requirements breakdown
- Experience with Agile methodology such as Scrum and Kanban and working collaboratively, self-empowered
- Acceptance test driven development experience
- Exposure to DROOLS BRMS, Apache Spark, Python, Angular, Spring, Cassandra, Kibana, Streaming technologies
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona