Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
CareData Platform is a Microsoft Azure commercial cloud-based data platform. We are building the technology and data platform to enable OptumCare to pursue complementary strategies of developing local market focused value-based care arrangements and driving the quadruple aim at a national level. The CareData Platform will enable CDOs to easily manage their own data while also providing a mechanism to allow for enterprise-wide aggregation and normalization of data.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Maintain, improve, clean, and manipulate data in the business’s operational and analytics databases
- Design and deploy data platforms across multiple domains ensuring operability
- Transform data for meaningful analyses
- Improve data efficiency, reliability and quality
- Create data enrichment
- Build high performance
- Ensure data integrity
- Create and manage data stores at scale
- Ensure data governance - security, quality, access and compliance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with relational database delivery
- Experience working within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with programming languages (Python, Java, Go, Scala, etc.)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Development experience with BIG Data technology stack (e.g. Hadoop, MapR, Talend, PIG Scripting, HBase, HIVE, SPARK); Relational databases; and Test automation in Linux/Windows environments
- Experience in DevOps Automation tools (Oozie, Python, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in full automated testing framework (unit & integration), Cucumber, Spock, Go unit test, Junit
- Hands-on experience of big data and streaming frameworks - Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, spark, HDFS
- Hands-on experience on using PAAS like - Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Hands-on experience on working on CICD platform and monitoring - namely Github, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
- Experience and working exposure in cloud environment, preferably Azure
- Excellent communication skills with ability to describe data / capability stories and explain value to customers
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, SDLC, Python, Java, Go, Scala, Hadoop, Mapr, Talend, PIG Scripting, Hbase, Hive, Spark, Healthcare, Test Automation, DevOps, Oozie, Cucumber, Spock, Go Unit Test, Junit, Kafka, Hadoop, HDFS, Kubernetes, OpenShift, PAAS, Automated Testing, Big Data, Streaming, HDFS, CICD, GitHub, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus, Azure, Optum, UHG, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Boston, MA, Massachusetts