Software Development Test Engineer
BCForward is currently seeking highly motivated Software Development Test Engineer for our client based in Chicago, IL
- Position Title: Software Development Test Engineer
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Anticipated start date: 09/14/2020
- 12 months with possibility of extension
- The Digital Application QA automation engineer is responsible for both application quality and performance.
- The responsibilities include one or more of the following:
- Performing in-sprint functional acceptance automation using the relevant tools and frameworks by collaborating with the development and product teams.
- Development and implementation of stress and parallel tests for non-functional requirements.
- Design and Development of custom testing framework for better control of execution and overall management (selection, logging, reporting ...etc.) 4. Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- 5-7 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- One year or more of software development experience or a master's degree in computer science or related field.
Technical Skills Required:
- 4+ years of experience with functional testing automation with tools & technologies such as Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG and Java * 2+ years of experience in parallel and performance testing using tools such as Selenium Grid or Browser Stack, LoadRuner or JMeter and AppDynamics
- 3+ years of experience API testing automation using Rest Assured or Karate DSL or Soup UI and Postman
- 3+ years of experience agile Scrum and CI/CD Top candidates will also have:
- Proven experience in some of the following, o Develops and maintains Functional & Integration Test automation suites o Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong experience with OO programming and concepts.
- Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following, o Develops and maintains performance testing using tools such as Selenium Grid or Browser Stack, LoadRuner or JMeter and AppDynamics o Knowledge and understanding of Devops principles and performance analysis o Working knowledge of Selenium, JS, Java, Python is preferred o Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Proven experience in some of the following,
- Develops and maintains UI & API Test automation frameworks
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Hands on experience in JS, Java or Python is preferred
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
BCForward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCForward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to karunakaran.m@bcforward,com Please reference job code 112847 when responding to this ad.