As a Hands-On Software Development Manager at CareerBuilder, you'll have the opportunity to build something extraordinary and lead awesome people. We are seeking a strong candidate to guide our development, overseeing up to three teams of developers supporting our Ruby on Rails software with CareerBuilder's website and Ecommerce Solutions. If you are a development leader that likes working with and learning new technologies along with working with global teams on an essential product for CareerBuilder's future, then look no further!
- A passion for technology and bringing your visions to reality through code and leveraging state of the art technologies
- As a development manager, you will take ownership of issues and challenges and will also be a proactive and effective communicator; this role requires successful verbal and written communication to many different audiences inside and outside of CareerBuilder
- Demonstrated ability to earn your teammates' trust and respect through clear, honest, and helpful communication - you must be a team player.
- Proven leadership experience is a must, but you should also be able to be a hands on, passionate coder
- Subject Matter Expert with Ruby on Rails.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming languages (.NET, C#, VB, .NET Core)
- Experience developing and documenting RESTful APIs
- And understanding of different architectural principles including microservices
- Active participant and contributor to a culture of learning, collaboration and innovation; we expect you communicate effectively by leaving eloquent comments on pull requests, and like to use dry erase markers to enhance discussions.
- Participate in troubleshooting complex issues and resolve defects
- Proficient in MS SQL and complex SQL queries.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Automated Unit Test frameworks
- Previous experience working on a SaaS product in an Agile environment
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- Understanding of CICD and related tools (Git, TeamCity, Jenkins, Terraform, Octopus, etc)
- Angular 2+ experience
Experience working with in both Ruby on Rails and .NET environment