Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Assist others in refining system specifications
- Participates in gathering specifications from users
- Translates detailed program specifications for less complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Creates and/ or modifies programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements.
- Tests coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors.
- Reviews test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
- Analyzes issues and uses judgement to make decisions
- Other duties as assigned
- Analyze and document how the business requirements fit into existing system
- Create and refine system specifications
- Gather requirements from business
- Translate detail program specifications for complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Create and/or modify programs to adapt to changes in need and requirements
- Test coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors
- Review test results with business, complete final program documentation and obtain approval for changes
- Assist in and sometimes lead on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
- Design, develop and test software applications
- Maintain systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Participate in requirement analysis and definition
- Create technical specifications and unit test plans
- Work with QA to align understanding of requirements and to develop system test plans
- Work as part of an Agile development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Demonstrate a basic degree of creativity and problem solving skills
- Follow the established software development life cycle
- Follow established coding standards and naming conventions
- Support applications using software development methodologies including structured programming, documentation, design and code review
- Work with business analysts and application users to define and design robust user centric application solutions
- Collaborate with UX resources to drive consistent look and feel of user interface
- Collaborate with database resources to ensure robust and complete data access and manipulation
- Collaborate with IT Operations to ensure hardware and software are aligned to deliver business requirements
- Mentor junior and other new developers
- On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following skill sets: .Net, C#, SSIS, SSRS, Informatica.
- Basic knowledge of Structured Query Language.
- Development knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Ability to work in an open team environment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with direct guidance.
- Perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures as assigned by manager or project team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Developer I minimum requirements in addition to the below
- 3+ years of experience in all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation and source management
- Possess expert working experience using one or more of the following skill sets: .Net, C#, SSIS, SSRS, Informatica and/or SQL
- Ability to lead and work with other team members
- Ability to work with and understand business client requirements
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines and procedures, multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Developer II minimum requirements in addition to the below
- 7+ years of experience in the Microsoft technology stack
- Strong knowledge of the .NET framework (4.5 and higher)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID design principles
- Proficient in C# with good understanding of VB.NET
- Experienced with front-end frameworks (AngularJS, Knockout, React, etc.)
- Experience with SOAP and Restful Web Services (WCF, Web API)
- Proficient in SQL Server 2012 and above, Transact SQL, stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages
- Experience with Entity Framework and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Experience with applying design and architectural patterns
- Familiar with TFS 2013 and higher
- Experience in end-to-end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with code review and evaluation
- Good at understanding requirements and estimation
- Good team player, have ability and willingness to mentor junior developers
- Have passion for learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills
- Understands solution at the project level
- Possess experience in the insurance industry and/ or basic knowledge of insurance
- Understanding of data modeling concepts
- Relevant Microsoft certification
- Insurance industry experience