UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) Advocate is responsible for identifying, growing, and strengthening relationships with community partners to address unmet basic social needs of UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (UHCCP) of Oklahoma members. Through these relationships the health plan and community partners work together to address health related issues and promote well-being to achieve positive health impact and outcomes. Community engagement is a central component of the member advocacy team and will work closely with the population health management team to ensure the policies, design and delivery of health care services meet the needs of our members. The SDoH Advocate is responsible for community engagement, rural health strategies, social responsibility and the Health Plan’s overall social determinants of health strategy. The SDoH Advocate will serve as UHCCP’s Housing Navigator in our Housing + Health initiative. The Housing + Health socio-clinical care model involves partnerships between social workers and nurses who meet with the enrollees and tailor programs based upon the enrollee’s strengths and desires. We help them gain access to social supports like long-term housing vouchers, waivers, Social Security Income and food benefits (SNAP) to create long-term self-sufficiency.
This is a telecommute position within Oklahoma and will require up to 50% in-state travel.
If you are located in Oklahoma, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Plans, coordinates and reports on health promotion and wellness education outreach activities for the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (UHCCP) of Oklahoma
- Executes activities designed to target gaps in care while working to achieve individual and team targets
- Develops relationships with community organizations and providers to close gaps and allow for warm hand offs of members requiring community resources
- Serves as subject matter expert to the health plan and members on unmet basic social needs including housing, utility assistance, food insecurity, transportation and interpersonal violence resources
- Monitors Social Determinants of Health and strategically plans with community partners and providers how to remove barriers (food insecurity, housing insecurity, transportation, utility assistance, etc.)
- Reports and participates on community initiatives that are relevant to our members, collaborating with the Medicaid Growth Team on attending community events
- Serve as Housing Navigator in overseeing UHCCP’s Housing + Health initiative and will support our clinical teams to address homelessness within our members
- Collects data on social impact opportunities and potential strategic partners for possible grant opportunities in the state of OK and manage social responsibility for the health plan
- Maintains UHCCP’s social referral platform, ensuring member and community awareness of the resource and the ability to leverage data to make internal health plan decisions
- Works on special projects related to social determinants of health and rural health strategy
- Identifies and reports on health inequalities and helps develops strategies and interventions to provide health equity to all members
- Works closely and develops relationships with leadership, members, providers and other areas to ensure coordination, efficiency and enhanced collaboration
- Works with the member advocacy and population health teams to meet goals and solve problems
- Supports reporting, auditing and process performance validation activities
- Performs other related functions as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in healthcare, public health, social work, or similar field or equivalent experience in health care or social work
- 2+ years of experience with community programs or project management experience in a community/provider/healthcare setting
- 2+ years of experience collaborating with community partners
- 1+ years of experience related to Oklahoma housing and/or working with homeless population in OK
- Willing to attend meetings, community activities/events across the state of Oklahoma; sometimes before or after standard work hours and on weekends
- Once appropriate to return to the office, you will be asked to perform this role occasionally in an office setting or other company location, but will work from home otherwise
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 2+ years of member or provider engagement experience
- 1+ years of experience with Medicaid
- Reporting skills and strong analytical skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Social Determinants of Health Advocate, Health Advocate, Member Advocate, Behavioral Health, Healthcare, Public Health, Social Work, Social Worker, Housing Navigator, Housing Coordinator, Project Management, Medicaid, Provider Engagement, Travel, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, OK, Oklahoma