As a Site Reliability Engineer on this team you will be improving on the existing pipelines and building out additional ones to continually meet the needs of our project team developers. You will play a part in building custom solutions to further enhance monitoring of performance and quality across all our solutions. You will be focused on providing automated solutions to operational challenges and initiatives: Eliminate repetitive work through scripting/automation; Provide technical leadership and consultation to the appropriate functional area, risk identification, mitigation, and escalation early in the process; Have a basic understanding of software development, enabling a close, mutually beneficial working relationship with development teams; Perform complex technical work to accomplish tasks and projects; Identify, develop, and deploy automation scripts and tools to improve overall efficiency.
You must be an active contributor and bring your ideas and opinions to the table. You will need to be a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to present complex technical information in layman's terms frequently. You will be supporting multiple development teams.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have (Requirements):
- A passion for technology and bringing your visions to reality through code and leveraging state of the art technologies
- Basic understanding of Object Oriented Programming languages (.Net, C#, Ruby)
- Active participant and contributor to a culture of learning, collaboration and innovation; we expect you communicate effectively by leaving eloquent comments on pull requests, and like to use dry erase markers to enhance discussions
- Experience with a wide variety of web development and coding tools, techniques and technologies, such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Git, .NET, .NET Core, Ruby on Rails, Docker, AWS (you do not have to have all of these)
- With our recent transition to the cloud, we love engineers with cloud experience on AWS including tools like Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and CloudWatch
- Demonstrated ability to earn your teammates' trust and respect through clear, honest, and helpful communication
- BS in Computer Science or related field (preferred but not required)