Our rapid growth here at CareerBuilder Employment Screening has created the need to build our software engineering teams with talented, driven individuals to take our company and technology to the next level. In order to ensure we remain at the #1 spot on the HRO's Bakers Dozen List in 2018, we need to continue to deliver unprecedented value to our clients, and that starts with you!
Come join our development team to help continue to build our system utilizing the newest technologies and architectural principles.
As a member of our development team, you will work with our engineering teams to build out our proprietary software system. The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Work with senior level engineers to come up with innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Improve system performance and reliability through solid coding and database principles.
- Mentor junior level engineers to help the team learn and grow.
- Work collaboratively with team members to resolve difficult programming problems and gain a different perspective on issues encountered.
- Think out loud- Consistently communicating ideas to others.
In addition to the above responsibilities, a Software Engineer is expected to display professionalism in the following ways:
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness.
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment.
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks.
A solid understanding of:
- Microsoft .NET Experience
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL databases
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a MUST
Nice to have:
- .NET Core
- Experience with GitHub, Octopus and TeamCity
- Cloud experience
Years of Experience recommended:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 4+ years of software development of web applications with a proven track record of delivering quality software