Senior Online Account Opening Specialist
Garden City, Long Island
The Digital Banking Team is responsible for Apple Bank’s online account opening channel and as part of the process, new applications are initially reviewed by the team to assess the data of our prospective clients. The Senior Online Account Opening Specialist will support the day to day operations of the team by reviewing online applications for their initial scoring versus risk rules and completion of all required data fields, responding to customer communications (both email & calls) received in regard to online applications and working with the Digital Branch on the investigation of new applications including the completion of tasks to successfully onboard new customers. The incumbent troubleshoots account application issues and opens trouble tickets with our vendor and logs complaints accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review incoming applications for new accounts and review for disposition of new account requests and provide approval recommendations based on Bank procedures.
- Work closely with the Digital Branch to refer approved applications for the Customer Identification Process (CIP) and opening of the new accounts.
- Complete process for applications that are declined, including manager reviews; include all required communications to customers in the required timeframes.
- Assist with monitoring of approved applications for completion and funding of the new accounts.
- Conduct customer outreach to complete documentation requirements as required.
- Identify areas of concern or trends that identify areas of risk to the Bank or fraudulent activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in customer service role within a banking/retail environment.
- Expert in delivering outstanding customer experiences.
- Experience with banking products, account opening processes and CIP/compliance requirements preferred
- Effective problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to maintain composure when interacting with customers and staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Digitally savvy and current on the latest devices, browsers and operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and resourceful in collaborating on solutions.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.