Senior Desktop Support Specialist
The Senior Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for providing day-to-day technical support to our internal customers as well as provide guidance and coaching to other members of the Service Desk team at Apple Bank. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with excellent customer service skills and advanced desktop engineering skills and will be the lead on projects where technology will be used to create efficiencies and new service offerings. The candidate is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting Microsoft Windows, notebook computers, peripherals, tablets, and other relevant technological items, including Audio/Visual equipment. They will report to the AVP, Technology Service Delivery Manager and will work closely with other members of the IT department to support all end users. In addition, they will need to provide IT support at branch locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform initial analysis of network issues, resolving/escalating as needed.
- Provide Tier1 and Tier 2 infrastructure/desktop technical assistance, support and analysis for incoming requests through the bank's online service & request tracking system both remotely, over the phone and/or in-person; Triage, Resolution/Follow-Up with clear documentation of progress
- Serve as lead on various projects and system implementations.
- Document common issues/causes/solutions; policies and procedures; user-guide creation; FAQs and web-based guides.
- Setup, maintain, diagnose and troubleshoot problems with Windows operating system and various software applications, file-sharing, printing, and imaging/cloning/system configurations.
- Setup, maintain, diagnose and troubleshoot problems with mobile devices including (but not limited to): Apple iPads & iPhones and Android-based devices.
- Create/Test/Deploy Images for cloning of various hardware platforms using industry-common tools and utilities.
- Manage the deployment or reimage/refresh of hundreds of laptops and desktops; including safe backup and transfer of user data accordingly.
- Oversee installation/configuration/troubleshooting of various printers, scanners, MFD's and other devices.
- Maintain inventory of all technology assets.
- Manage e-waste and safe disposal of technological items.
- Investigate and test new tools, techniques, and software products; collaborate with other members of IT.
- Identify current trends and common issues; suggest proactive solutions to potential issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
- High-School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop/notebook/mobile hardware and software (Windows/iOS/Android).
- Knowledge on the use and configuration of Microsoft Office for PC.
- Some knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.) Active Directory user and group concepts, management, and administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to work with other departments as needed to resolve issues.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures.
- Ability to identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Able to move technological items weighing upwards of 50lbs.
- Experience supporting a variety of Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Experience supporting A/V equipment is a plus, but not required.
- Experience creating/maintaining system images for Windows.
- Experience with full disk encryption software.
- Experience in automation and scripting: PowerShell, VBScript, batch, etc., a plus but not required.
- Maintain knowledge of the Information Technology industry to effectively address the ongoing demands for enhancements to existing network and services. This may include team or individual research and testing, reading, attending conferences.
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full-time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.