The Senior Accountant is responsible for the processing of daily operational work within Apple Bank’s
Accounting department in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Bank
policies/procedures. The incumbent assists our Junior Accountants with the preparation/troubleshooting
of various reconciliations, IRA distributions, and backup withholding tickets & sales taxes. Additionally,
the Senior Accountant works with the Accounting Reconciliations Manager on loan accounting
reconciliations and with management on ad hoc projects. The successful candidate should be analytical,
detail-oriented, and possess strong communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare and post general ledger entries.
• Secure financial information; safeguard customer information.
• Reconcile various GL accounts (daily, weekly, & monthly) by gathering statements and balancing
• Troubleshoot reconciliation differences and communicate with all parties involved (branches,
vendors, etc.); correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
• Process and track foreign checks on a weekly basis.
• Prepare the bi-weekly IRA & BW tax and maintain the spreadsheet with the payments log.
• Prepare sales tax on monthly basis and file it electronically with the New York State
• Assist Accounting Manager with various loan accounting on a monthly basis.
• Work with Junior Accountants on various reconciliations throughout the month.
• Assist management with internal & external audit requests or any projects.
• Perform other duties as requested.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• 3-5 years progressive experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably at a financial institution.
• Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel & Word.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal + written).
• Excellent analytic skills required.
• Must be detail-oriented, with superior organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines.
• Must be a team player.
• Self-motivated, with high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine in order to work at Apple Bank. Candidates are responsible for showing proof of these vaccinations during their onboarding period. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for disabled applicants and employees with medical documentation establishing they should not be vaccinated and for those with sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent vaccination. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.