Role and Responsibilities
The SOC Analyst III is senior level position within the security operations center and provides cyber security monitoring. The SOC Analyst III is responsible for advanced security monitoring through triage, investigation, communication and reporting. The SOC Analyst III will lead the review and processing of alarms from various security tools and provide expert level analysis. The SOC Analyst III will be responsible for managing new and established customers and providing guidance for complex customer inquiries, threat hunting, and malware analysis.
The SOC Analyst III will investigate alarms and perform investigations to gather information necessary for determining actions required. They will initiate tickets to customers based on the results of alarm review. The SOC Analyst III will perform tuning of alarms for various customers, set standards and direction for tuning.
The SOC Analyst III will perform threat hunting and investigations into potential threats based on log data and provide results of analysis to management. They will provide analysis and trending of security log data from a wide range of security devices and across technologies. They will provide recommendations to improve security postures across multiple customers and platforms including recommendations for design improvements and product offerings.
The SOC Analyst III will serve as a team lead and mentor to analysts.
Responsibilities also include:
• Demonstrated to advanced operational experience as a Cyber Threat Hunter
• Demonstrated to advanced experience with computer networking and operating systems
• Demonstrated to advanced experience of current threats, vulnerabilities, and attack trends
• Insider Threat Detection
• Application Security
• Malware Reverse Engineering
• Advanced Log Review tasks
• Forensic Investigation
• Audit interview participation
• Advanced Splunk knowledge
• Other responsibilities as assigned