A Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Security Officer, you would be responsible for ensuring the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Patrol the interior of and the perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions
- Respond to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property
- Promote safe work practices
- Initiates preliminary investigations into incidents, as needed
- Writes reports and ensures accuracy of necessary documentation, as needed
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
What are we looking for?
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Prior law enforcement, security, or military experience preferred
- Must be available to work varying shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays, including overnight.
- State of Hawaii Security Guard License required.
- Tuberculosis clearance required.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification preferred.
- Valid Drivers License and clean driving abstract required
- Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available)
- Only applicants who are currently residing in the local area will be considered; no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship is available
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITYThe individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of the floor plans and layout of the building(s), function rooms, and working knowledge of the City and surrounding area.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information. This includes listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the guest and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information and to communicate effectively with guests and team members.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing up to 50 lbs. sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions and to navigate Microsoft Word based programs.
- Ability to type 25 wpm preferred.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!