The Resource Scheduler will effectively fill resource engagement requests and is responsible for overseeing the utilization of resources, ensuring alignment of resources with the strategic plan, analyzing operational results and promoting the development of Technology Consulting staff. Provides information for short-term and strategic planning as directed. Implements strategies to increase capability specialization and achieve business goals. Acts as a resource and the point of contact for all department managers to mediate conflicts and resolve resource needs that develop within the area. Promotes and monitors sharing of resources within the Technology Consulting team. Communicates with management regarding future needs versus availability, potential staffing issues, and other information to allow the effective deployment of resources.
- Assists the resource manager and Technology Consulting leaders in the implementation of scheduling processes and engagement management. Collaborate with leaders and client engagement teams to understand their business needs and drive consistency. Ensures compliance with priorities around financials and capacity, client needs, staff development and abilities, availability and ensuring staff experience is diverse.
- Generates scheduling, utilization and forecasting reports and provides analysis of the data that assists regional leadership in making staffing decisions. Identifies trends to proactively balance workloads while increasing utilization. Provides various forms of analysis including financial, profitability and exception reporting. Monitors productivity, conflicts, availability, travel and non-charge hours.
- Provides input to Career Advisors relative to utilization, etc. to assist with talent development. Participates in talent development meetings for ECS teams, providing candid feedback on interactions, understand individuals goals for future rotation opportunities, assignments, industry exposure, FWOs, etc.
- Monitor schedules to ensure staff are effectively utilized to support the achievement of financial plans for the business by reviewing available resources and facilitating necessary adjustments ensuring the alignment of resources based on experience, industry alignment, account prioritization, technical expertise and geography when appropriate.
- Effectively implement firm wide programs through markets as needed (i.e. rotations, global assignments, etc.)
- Facilitate scheduling meetings as needed, including asking questions to ensure clarity when making recommendations, offering solutions and enforcing best practices through teams. Follow-up on unresolved issues in a timely manner that may require rescheduling of projects and/or staff.
- Administers and participates in scheduling system and process assimilation and orientation programs for incoming new hires.
- Proofs, edits and checks work for completeness, accuracy and formatting. Verifies that scheduling, reporting and other related information is current and accurate.
- Coordinate with LPD and HR LPD SMEs to roll out local courses effectively. Understand local and national training offerings, share feedback on business needs for timing, assist with identification of trainers, etc.
- Utilizes, shares and develops best practices, staying up to date on market trends and upgrades of scheduling technology offerings for effectiveness as it relates to engagement management and resource management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or in related field
- Previous experience in Resource Management or Technology Consulting preferred
- Ability to confidently connect at all levels in the organization using diplomatic communication, influence and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with Schedule Planning Systems preferred
- Intermediate to Expert Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Understands and thrives in a fast pace environment and able to prioritize accordingly.
- Able to travel periodically (5%) to other offices
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.