The position works with key accounts in selling and delivering a full range of products, services and resources to fertilizer customers. The position will also develop and implement plans; evaluate market and fertilizer trends, competitors and pricing strategies; make recommendations and act on findings; develop bids and proposals, and negotiate contract terms.
- Communicates directly with new and existing customers to explain features and merits of products or services offered.
- Demonstrates products or services and provides assistance in the best application of products or services.
- Answers all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals where required.
- Closes transactions and takes orders.
- Investigates product/service warranty claims to ensure resolution within organization policies.
- Analyzes and interprets records of present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred for management.
- Contacts prospects and explains features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales techniques.
- Calculates and quotes prices.
- May coordinate company technical engineering support and services to ascertain customers' needs.
- Bachelor’s degrees in business administration or related field with 5-10 years work experience, preferably in fertilizer industry.
- Ability to analyze and assimilate relevant data into key financial recommendations.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational and financial skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Action oriented requiring little supervision. The ideal candidate will be energetic, have strong communication skills and have prior dealings with seed, fertilizer and crop protection products.