The position works with key accounts in selling and delivering a full range of products, services and resources to fertilizer customers. The position will also develop and implement plans; evaluate market and fertilizer trends, competitors and pricing strategies; make recommendations and act on findings; develop bids and proposals, and negotiate contract terms.
- Communicates directly with new and existing customers to explain features and merits of products or services offered.
- Demonstrates products or services and provides assistance in the best application of products or services.
- Answers all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals where required.
- Closes transactions and takes orders.
- Investigates product/service warranty claims to ensure resolution within organization policies.
- Analyzes and interprets records of present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred for management.
- Contacts prospects and explains features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales techniques.
- Calculates and quotes prices.
- May coordinate company technical engineering support and services to ascertain customers' needs.
- Bachelor’s degrees in business administration or related field with 5-10 years work experience, preferably in fertilizer industry.
- Ability to analyze and assimilate relevant data into key financial recommendations.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational and financial skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Action oriented requiring little supervision. The ideal candidate will be energetic, have strong communication skills and have prior dealings with seed, fertilizer and crop protection products.