The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store® has approximately 4,800 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401(k) with company match, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, discounted stock purchase plans and more.
The Revenue Audit Specialist conduct audits, reviews royalty submission forms, and provides support to franchisees in the network. This position will audit franchisee sales data, operational procedures, financial statements, royalty reports, and business processes to ensure The UPS Store locations are in compliance with the Franchise Agreement and Center Operations Manual.
The Revenue Audit Specialist conducts various types of audits to ensure reporting compliance and help achieve financial goals annually. He/She demonstrates the ability to manage a variety of tasks and processes at any given time and must be able to prioritize those tasks to meet department goals and deadlines.
- Interprets existing operational procedures and provides feedback in the development of new operational procedures to accommodate changes in the business environment.
- Develops presentations for the network, participates in department meetings, and other duties as assigned.
- Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles.
- Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files.
- Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses.
- Report Generation: Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or Internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree – Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration - Preferred
- Experience demonstrating a basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles - Preferred
- Experience demonstrating an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income - Preferred
- Experience conducting financial analysis - Preferred
- Experience demonstrating a general knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information – Preferred
- Experience working in an internal and/or external audit capacity - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law