You can 'build things' anywhere . . . so choose to work for a company that values what you bring to the table, provides you with an opportunity to succeed, challenges your skills, grows your talent, makes safety a priority, and gives you the chance to build a real career - one filled with challenge, passion, pride, and satisfaction. Check out our opening at Welbilt's Frymaster facility today!
The Repair Technician understands all phases of the electronic assembly process which allows the Repair Technician to be a vital part in the flow of the area to ensure compliance with quality standards. They are responsible for testing and repairs of all assembled circuit boards. The Repair Technician assumes a leadership role, and understands and demonstrates skills and proficiency in assembling, testing and repairing defective boards.
Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, this position is based in Shreveport, Louisiana*.
We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for advanced circuit board troubleshooting and repair, and instructing other electronic assemblers.
- Inspects and repairs boards, following work orders and blueprints.
- Perform operations to product specification requirements.
- Use of various tools. Use of measuring devices for adherence to specifications, electronic testing instruments.
- Check installed parts for proper fit and alignment; proper positioning and electrical specifications.
- QC testing on electronic parts prior to building boards or installing on units.
- Work with Engineering / R&D to create new boards, as requested.
- Must make sure boards are free of defects, repairs any defects found from testing procedures, and make sure checklist is signed off.
- Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Manitowoc Code of Conduct requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5-8 Years' Experience
- IPC certification
- Blueprint reading
- Typically requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
*Frymaster in Shreveport, Louisiana is an industry leader in the manufacturing of commercial fryer, fryer filtration equipment (built-in and portable), foodservice equipment computers, water-bath rethermalizers and pasta cookers. The facility in Shreveport is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem™, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by two service brands: FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,800 employees and operating 17 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 3,500 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.