Job Summary: The Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse/Pediatrician completes medical screenings for children, adolescents and young adults who are in the CAT (Community Action Team) Program and also completes follow-up appointments, as needed. Consults with other health care providers who are working with the clients and helps guide the medical tracking and linkage needs for families.
● Conducts medical screenings for children, adolescents and youth/young adults who are in the CAT Program.
● Collects and documents vital signs at initial screening.
● Monitors any changes/abnormalities per family, Primary Care Physician (PCP), or Specialist.
● Reports and notifies psychiatrist and/or PCP of any area of concern.
● In collaboration with the case manager, assist parents in connecting with a PCP or dental provider for clients when needed.
● Reviews reports from other treating medical providers.
● Consults with other treating providers to ensure continuity of care.
● Accurately documents all screenings, follow-up appointments, and discussions with clients, parents, CAT team members and other treating providers within given deadlines.
● Makes appropriate referrals in collaboration with the case manager and other team regarding clients’ physical health concerns.
● Participates in treatment team meetings and provides feedback to the team regarding medical concerns.
● Must possess and maintain a current/active license issued by the Florida Board of Medicine or Florida Board of Nursing, as appropriate to the individual’s specific profession.
● Board Certification/Board Eligible and Licensed in the State of Florida.
● BC/BE in Pediatrics.
● Physician - Completion of a Pediatric Residency.
● Physician -Valid DEA number preferred
● Nurse- Florida license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in good standing.
● Nurse -Must be a graduate of an approved nursing or practical nursing program.
● Active/Unrestricted license in the State of Florida.
● 1+ year of private practice experience preferred BLS, PALS, NRP certification.
● Previous experience in nursing or other medical field.
● Familiarity with medical software and equipment.
● Ability to build rapport with patients and have excellent communication with patients.
● Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
● Skilled in collaborating with other disciplines and services.
● Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
● Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Background Screening is Required
ICFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place