Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for the effective delivery and management of direct patient care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to standards of nursing practice. Provides appropriate care to patients ranging within the ages of infants to geriatrics. Provides pre-visit and post-visit telephonic support and patient education, populating the electronic medical record with historical information, lab findings, and preliminary orders to be reviewed by the physician at the next clinic visit. Ad-hoc visits to the clinical sites will be scheduled to enhance coordination of team-based care.
- Provides effective patient care directly to patients or through telephone management
- Delivers care based on patient’s specific needs. Interviews patient and/or significant other(s) on admission. Uses observation skills to assess patient, including physical, psychosocial and behavioral status. Identifies and prioritizes patient problems based on assessments
- Plans for care collaboratively with the patient as well as multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Involves patient and significant other(s) based on patient needs
- Implements interventions. Evaluates or revises the plan based on patient needs or outcomes
- Initiates nursing interventions that assist the patient to maximize health capabilities. Reassess and revise plan of care according to patient or significant other(s) education needs. Utilizes electronic medical record tools to proactively ensure that all primary and secondary prevention services are accomplished in a timely fashion
- Administers, monitors and evaluates all therapeutic interventions including but not limited to safe medication administration according to standard policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws
- After completion of a training program, starts intravenous therapy for hydration and administration of medications as required
- Administers intravenous medications, including limited IV push medications depending on patient population, such as Urgent Care versus Primary Care patients, as required
- Maintains a latex safe environment for patients
- Consistently documents all the aspects of patient care and patient education. Reports pertinent information to physician
- Ensures nursing judgments and plan are based on physical and psychosocial needs
- Identifies emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing orders/interventions. Meets patient needs promptly. Provides for cultural and diverse needs of the patient when providing care
- Delegates patient care responsibilities to other members of the healthcare team, when appropriate
- Manages care of the patient according to the standards of care, including age-appropriate standards. Collaborates with multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Utilizes patient care equipment appropriately and safely. Documents and incorporates the information in the station specific equipment manual in providing safe patient care
- Incorporates organizational, nursing and department-specific policies, procedures and protocols into the delivery of patient care
- Completes all organizational and department specific nursing/clinical educational competencies
- Completes and demonstrates knowledge of mandatory programs/information. Information to be completed includes: Fire Safety; Disaster Plan/Utility Failure; Hazard Communication Standards (MSDS) sheets, if appropriate; Infection Control/Universal Precautions; Equipment Failures (Safety Medical Device Act); Security; Department’s Office Manual; M.G.L.A. 112 Section 5F (Reports of Violation); M.G.L.A. 111 Section 70E (Patient Bill of Rights); As defined by Department/Specialty e.g.., BLS, Ergonomics, new equipment
- As a key member of the multi-disciplinary (Patient Centered Medical Home Team) or (medical team) the incumbent in the role plans for care collaboratively with the patient, his/her family or significant others, providers and staff, and any other external providers who treat the patient while ensuring the appropriate HIPPA guidelines are followed:
- Applies nursing experience to make judgments on care plans that are prioritized based on the assessment of the physical, psychosocial, gender, age and cultural needs of the patient and ensures appropriate standards of care accordingly
- Triages emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing orders/interventions
- Delegates patient care to other members of the healthcare team when appropriate
- Consistently documents all aspects of patient care and patient education
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance will be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- 15 hours of continuing education every 2 years
- Currently licensed as a RN in the State of Massachusetts
- Basic Life Support (BLS) / CPR certification
- 1+ years of Medical/Surgical or Specialty experience; Any unit-specific criteria including age-specific, technology and equipment
- Knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Certification in specialty
- Experience in an ambulatory care setting with telephone triage
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
The Organization reserves the right to modify position responsibilities at any time, due to business necessity.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, BLS, CPR, Medical, Surgical, Specialty, OBGYN, Southborough, MA, Massachusetts